Shop My Feed

Thursday 29 March 2012

Nail Art #5 - Patchwork Pastels

I recently saw this nail design on Obession Lacquer blog - I really loved it so thought I'd try it out for myself!

I began by painting two coats of white on my nails - this is to allow to colours on top to show up really bright and pop


Using a sponge, dab a baby blue nail varnish onto your nails in random patterns until your desired look is achieved.


Repeat the same process with a light pink in the white areas ensuring to blend it into the blue. You'll notice the colours mixing and making a purple creating a third colour on your nails (which saves you from having to add in purple later)


As you can see it can get a little messy, so you may want to clean around your nails with a cotton bud soaked in nail varnish remover.


Apply a top coat to protect your design & taadaah!




SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I like it - might give this a try this afternoon <3

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this look!! Gonna have to try it.

    I followed your blog, please follow mine back!

    http://simplyjustnatalie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that is amazing!! i havent seen anything like it..i will have to try that myself some time! :)

    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and you have like the cutest blog ever...FOLLOWING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for an award :) http://clovesmakeup01.blogspot.com/2012/03/today-is-good-day-i-recently-got.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great little effect, spesh with those colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo...I love how very artsy the nails look:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww great job!!! Lovely to see you've tried it out, love the colours. I tend to use a really tiny piece of ripped up sponge with tweezers. Makes the clean up process sooo much easier, although it can be quite fiddly.

    Love Nails. Love Obsession-Lacquer.

    Obsessionlacquer.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'll try that out next time x

      Delete
  9. I lovee these nails! My fave colour, lilac!! I'm so useless at doing nail art I get so frustrated cos I see so many designs I wanna try but I just don't have the talent for it lol! Keep it up though I love yours! xx

    www.syselcuk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it - practise makes perfect! x

      Delete
  10. Wow those nails are so dreamy! I'm definitely going to try this - the colours are so on-trend :)

    www.lafemmeeclectique.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look really nice with bold colours too! x

      Delete
  11. This looks so nice, I really like the effect. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig