Shop My Feed

Monday 26 March 2012

Nail Art #4 - Gradient Effect

I've been seeing gradient effect nails around a lot recently so I decided to give it a go myself..
For this design all you need is two contrasting colour nail varnishes and a make up sponge.


First of all apply a base coat to protect your nails from the varnish, then apply two coats of nail polish - I've chosen a metallic silver


Once the nail varnish has dried, take an old make up sponge and paint a corner of it with your contrasting nail varnish. Don't soak your sponge in the varnish - one or two strokes should do the trick nicely.
Start from the bottom of your nails and lightly dab the sponge on your nails working your way up slowly so  you have less varnish on your sponge the further up your nail you go.


You may want to start on another nail at the same time if you find you have too much varnish on the sponge so you can achieve the gradient effect your after.


Repeat this step on all nails and wait a few minutes for them to dry.
 Repeat the same process but only concentrate on the tips and middle of your nails and blend into the gradient.

This is a little messy, so you may want to clean around your nails with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover.

once your nails are dry - apply a top coat to protect your design!


x




SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love your nails they look fab!

    Http://throughchelseaseyes.com/

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so wanted to try this sponging technique looks fab and I will give it a go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good! I'm definitely trying this! :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, its really easy!
      Thank you for following!

      x

      Delete
  4. I just came across your blog and I think it's awesome.
    I love nail art,but I'm not good at it. Everytime I try to do something like that it ends being a huge mess
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really easy technique - you should really try it out!
      Thank you for following

      x

      Delete
    2. Hi! :) Just stumbled upon your blog, you got some really nice posts. Im a new follower so I can check your blog out more easily later on ^^

      Loving this naildesign! I will try to do this myself, the pink color is absolutely lovely :)

      Miss Delirium xxx

      Delete
  5. LOVE this look on the nails! i will be attempting this!! now following xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great nails, they're almost like a nail-art version of dip-dye. :) xx

    www.lafemmeeclectique.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this turned out great! I should try this sometime! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this idea. Originally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig