Shop My Feed

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Nail Art #3 - Block Colour

Block colour & pastel shades are one of my favourite trends this season, but as I tend to shy away from light colours in clothing, I decided to transform my nails instead.

Begin by painting your nails a base colour of your choice (preferably a light-ish shade). I've chosen to do alternative nails in a Barry M powder blue & Gosh baby pink, but you can stick to one!

Paint sections of your nails in diagonal strokes in the alternate colour your have chosen (I have done the alternative pink on blue & blue on pink).

I did this free hand and found it quite easy, but if you are struggling to get a straight edge, use masking tape to section your nails and then peel off carefully after a few minutes - it leaves a beautiful straight edge finish.

Finally, add black triangles in peculiar directions and in-between any of the two panels you have created to hide uneven edges if necessary.


Use a cotton bud to tidy around the edges & use a top coat to protect your design!

x





SHARE:

2 comments

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig