Shop My Feed

Thursday 7 July 2016

Throwin' It Back To 2012

The world of blogging has changed drastically since I first launched my blog back in 2012 so I wanted to put a little post together to show you how my blog has transformed over the years. It's hard to believe that I've had this blog up & running for 4 years now (4 very inconsistent years may I add), but back when I started, the content on my blog was incredibly different to what it is now. My posts consisted of nail art tutorials, DIY's and my favourite McQueen collection that season along side the occasional 'High Street Faves' post. It was my favourite pass time and I found myself reading more and more blogs (procrastination at its finest) and I wanted to expand on my content with OOTD posts after lusting over the fashion blogs that I had began reading religiously.


It all started with taking pictures on my trusty old iPhone 4 in my garden by my Mother. I then edited the images on multiple photo apps, over saturating them and adding god awful borders around them (they were totally in back then, ok?).  I eventually upgraded to an SLR camera, but had no clue how to use it and trusted the fact that shooting on auto would suffice just because it was taken on a SLR camera.. 

Since then, I've taught myself how to shoot in manual mode, become a real pro at Photoshop (some mobile apps are still involved), become more confident posing in front of the camera in public and just generally producing images that are much higher in quality and that are actually in focus!

Lets just say I was worlds away from over the over exposed images, flat lays, bokeh backgrounds and essential 45mm lenses that are now considered any bloggers starter pack these days. But without a doubt, at the time I was over the moon with my images and thought they looked great! Looking back to where I began is sort of looking through those cringy pictures of yourself as a child where you thought blue eyeshadow and popper trousers were the shit.

I've been non stop cringing looking at these, but hey... It's also kind of satisfying seeing how far you've come! It's also eased a little of the pressure I was laying on myself about improving my photography... because you know what? I most certainly have!

I'll stop blabbing now so you can have a little giggle and scroll through the photos! Enjoy! x



I've enjoyed putting this post together, it's reminded me to take some of the pressure off myself as I'm naturally improving and moving in the right direction. I could go on for days with the amount of images I have, but condensed it down so I didn't bore you half to death... Do you have any old blog imagery that makes you feel proud about how far you've come? If so, I'd LOVE to see! Please comment on the post, or tweet me at @FashernablyLate :)


SHOP THE LOOK HERE:


SHARE:

21 comments

  1. I bet a lot has changed in the past four years. I've only been blogging for about 18 months so am still pretty new to it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's amazing to see the difference in style/quality/composition over the years. I cringe when I read my old posts back and look at my pics but I won't delete them as they are very much part of my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun - I love taking the time to go back and reflect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, they're not that bad! You want to see some of my attempted outfit shots from 2011/2012 haha!
    I love how you've used the zebra border with the zebra print dress... :P

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome to be able to look back at such pictures and see how far you have come :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made some incredible improvements over these four years, wow! My old pictures are just disastrous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is a fun post, you've had some great times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most recent photographs are very stylish and well thought out, well done you.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The most recent ones are incredible! They have improved massively x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! the ways that we improve are often lost on us, I have found my voice, changed my look... we're constantly changing and growing and we need to celebrate that! H x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing how your confidence and photography has developed over the years it is amazing how much of an influence blogging can have on confidence x

    Miss Kitty Kaos - Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you transformed! Confidently and beautifully dressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes you have worn, that is where my arms were drawn too and I love the floral dress with blue flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great to see how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your photo's and your style, I try my best not to look back at my old posts in too much detail! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's great to do something like this to show yourself and your readers how much you really have improved! I love your style of photos now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've come so far with your blog! I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw happy four years! Your style has changed so much and now you are a bona fide fashion queen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's good to show improvement, we all had to start somewhere - carefree lol! I enjoyed seeing the evolution lol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow happy for your four years we all improve and change as time passes... Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig