Shop My Feed

Friday 20 July 2012

Nail Art #10 - Dripping With Glitter

So I haven't done a NOTD post for a while due to giving my nails a good break from all the polish I've been slapping on them for months on end - but now they're looking much better after well deserved break and I'm ready to ruin them all over again!

Here's my latest nail design, it's Glitter Galore! & I just love it - its very simply and takes less than 15 minutes, here's how it's done...

First of all apply a base coat followed by a pale colour for the base. I used a pale pink which contained a slight shimmer, and when it catches the light it looks beautiful! I just applied one coat for a subtle effect but if you want a more obvious and prominent colour choose a darker shade or apply more coats.

Then take a clear polish and apply to the bottom of your nail, applying it higher up the nail in random sections to create and uneven effect. While the polish is wet, sprinkle the glitter over the top and shake off the excess glitter. Complete the process with all nails and leave to set for 5 minutes . Apply a top coat to protect the design and to stop the glitter catching on things like your tights (nobody wants that horrible feeling of rough nails).

Have fun with playing around with different colours of polish and glitter, or try using more than one colour glitter on each nail - there really is an endless choice of combinations!


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Very cool idea - like a ombre glitter nails!
    xx

    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!

    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh your little nail looks like it could have someones eye out haha! I'm loving this look, it's a very neat and well done attempt too!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this out, it looks so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it. these are amazing! I'm all about anything with glitter!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is such a gorgeous manicure! I love trying out different glittery looks on my nails, but the glitter always ends up going everywhere ha :/ loving the shade, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing! I'd love to try out this look xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig