Shop My Feed

Sunday 15 July 2012

Bonkers for Braids


I've always had a love for braids; It started at a very very young age (I think about 6) when I used to sit down in front of my mirror for hours and braid my entire head of hair, I'd then swing my head around wiping people in the face a lot not doubt as I paraded around with what I thought was the best hair style known to man. I was quite adventurous at one point too, I began braiding my hair in all sorts of ways (some which looked very silly - I don't know how my mother aloud me to go to school like that either). My love for braids never really calmed down - as I got older my braids turned into fish plaits, French plaits and then eventually into corn rows. I sported the braid look for several years and when it eventually went out of style, my signature 'braid' hair do was long gone.

So as you can imagine, I was extremely happy to see that braids had made their way back into Vogue and people were obsessing over them all over again! I can't stop myself gawking at the new weird and wonderful styles people have come up with, it really makes me wonder how they do it, don't you? Well I've managed to get hold of a few tutorials for you - so you can practise till perfection.

The Fish Plait Twist


1. Begin my separating your hair into two equal halves (or for a side parting - part diagonal across the back of your head in the opposite direction to your parting to allow for equal hair thickness in each braid.
2. Start your Fish plait at the top of the head, adding in a small amount of hair each time. This gives a better effect rather than large amounts.
3. Once you have got to the end of your plait, hold it loosely and pinch out the strands of hair from the braid to achieve the look in the picture (bottom left)
4. Complete the same process on the other side
5. Twist both ends up and pin into place.

Upside Down French Braid


1. Tip your head upside down and brush all your hair so its smooth and tangle free. 
2. Begin your braid from the nape of your neck towards the crown of your head and fasten with a hair band securely.
3. Tie the rest of your hair up into a high pony tail and fasten with another hair band including the braided hair.
4. For a messy bun, back comb your pony tail slightly and twist into a bun and secure with pins/hair band.


Inside out French Twist


1. Begin by doing an 'inside out' French braid down the back of your head and fasten with a hair band.
2. coil the end of the braid around and place at the side of the braid
3. Once you're happy with the position, pin securely in place

Have you got any tutorials for hair braid?

Please like my Facebook Page



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. These are amazing! I'm so happy braids are back on the scene, they are the definition of princess hair for me!
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! You and I BOTH! I LOVEEE that braid on the back of the head and the big, messy bun - such an adorable look! Totally love it!
    xx





    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I need to brave having all my hair up and off my face to try that look though, maybe one day x

      Delete
  3. omg I need to learn to plait like this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its much easier than it looks if you have the basic knowledge of plaiting down, give it a go! x

      Delete
  4. Wow not in a million years will I be able to do something if that kind! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go! Start with a simple one x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig