Shop My Feed

Tuesday 5 February 2013

A Walk in The Park
















I really do have to apologise to everyone at how late this post actually is, but hey better late than never, isn't it? For those of you who follow me on Twitter/Instagram/have read a few older blog posts of mine, you'll know that me & my elder sister are always collaborating with Fashion and Photography type projects. I'm the fashion, and she's the photography! It literally works so perfectly.

Well, this photo shoot started off as a simple idea that Safina (my sister) had... She wanted to do a photo shoot that portrayed three different types of Fashion styles. East meets West, Skater & Urban. This is where I came into it... The styling! I was really excited because I've never had the chance to put my love for styling to the test and most importantly on other people... for a photo shoot.. that would be seen by lots of people. No pressure or anything! I have to admit, having the power and control over something so important for a photo shoot and seeing the end product is quite fulfilling! 

Anyway, as time went on, my sisters imagination was also spiralling out of control with ideas. Within a matter of days, the photo shoot had gone from a couple of male models, to three male models, to three male and female models!  The pressure was on!

To help ideas flow for the styling ideas, I used good ol' Tumblr to help give me some inspiration! I created mood boards for each model, and ran through the outfit scenarios with each of them to try and mix and match what we could & couldn't use (the models were using their own clothes you see). 

The day of the shoot was a huge success but painfully cold, mid December is not the best time to do location shoots believe me! It was totally worth it though, and gave me some really good practise and knowledge with the use of my SLR and will certainly come in handy for my Fashion Styling & Photography uni module this semester!

You can have a look at the actual images from the shoot HERE
here is a little taster for you!


A few of the Inspiration boards I made!





post signature
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. love that orange asymetrical skirt!!!

    mind to visit and follow my blog? Click Here
    xoxo, Mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pics are fantastic! nicely done!

    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin' and gfc? let me know.
    see you around!

    xx
    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt in the last photo is incredible!
    x
    polway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasic photos!
    So artistic!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog :)

    http://laceandchiffonblog.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauwie! great artistic photo's! Incredible! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some gorgeous looks here, great inspiration

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These came out really nice!!

    fameliquorlove.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment. :)
    Amazing photos and blog, I followed you! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG AMAZING !!!!

    http://fashionfrommyeye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these photos are seriously amazing and so cool! What a neat shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice shot! Love your blog. Thanks for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig