Shop My Feed

Tuesday 10 April 2012

D.I.Y #3 Cut Out Skull Tee


So I've been toying with the idea of making my own cut out skulls tee for a while now as I've been seeing them on Tumblr quite a bit, but I wanted it to be a little different as I hate copying straight out, I always like to put a little touch of my own on things. So today I just got up and started making this & I'm pretty proud of it myself I must say!

I used an old Vero Moda bat wing top I bought years ago & just never seem to wear anymore as my style has changed dramatically since I bought this!


So I began by folding my tee in half and marking out where I wanted to cut the sleeves. As this was a batwing top the arm holes would have to be quite large, but luckily this is the look I was going for anyway.
I then cut along the line making sure I was cutting both arms as I wanted them to be equal and this is the best way to do it.


I then drew out my skull design. I choose to have unusual teeth as all the other cut out skull tee's i have seen have very dodgy square teeth & I really didn't like it. 


I then finally cut out my eyes, nose and teeth & then spent hours applying the little gems around the outside of the skull.

Please show me any DIY skull tops you've made, I'd really like to see!
Happy skulling! x


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. this is so cool. I'm not a fan of skulls but i'm definitely a fan of DIYs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I love your DIY posts they're great! :)

    rachaelamyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely DIY, your blog is fantastic!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. niceeee! not sure what brand it was but i think black milk sells these tees but of course at a ridic price! thanks for showing us this DIY

    http://www.topknotandfringe.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not a problem love. Not sure it is Black Milk though x

      Delete
  5. i love this! i've been looking for a way on how to do this for agesss
    thanks! x
    yourcrybaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to make one yourself! And it turned out really good :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah that is seriously cool
    I would do this but I know'd I'd end up messing it up haha
    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it on an old/cheap top to practise on first! If it goes wrong, blend it in with the design x

      Delete
NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig