Shop My Feed

Sunday 19 February 2017

6 Times My Blog Was My Boyfriend


I really wanted to get this post up before Valentines, but with my work schedule jam packed this month and the overload of various heart themed posts across social media, it suited me quite well to back date it a touch so everyone could recover from the pink & red spots in their eyes and the nationwide chocolate inflicted comas. 

With the day of love soon approaching (now past of course), it got me thinking about the fact that right now I don't actually have time for a boyfriend along side my hectic schedule and spin classes (who am I trying to kid, I barely make one class a week). This recent pondering did get me thinking that the one consistent relationship I've had some serious growth, love & passion towards over the years is in fact, my blog! 

My blog & I first began our love affair a mere 5 years ago. It only seems like yesterday that I sat at my university desk, pondering over what I wanted him to be called, what platform would be best for him to grow & exactly what aspects of him I wanted the world to see. The prospect of being able to mend its flaws and add features to suit my forever changing style & moods is quite possibly the foundation of our solid bond, not to mention it keeps me well groomed and treats me like the ultimate lady at the best of times! Not to mention that it's great to always be right!

Love/Hate

The relationship you have with your blog is as much of a rollercoaster ride than any. Learning HTML codes for your theme and throwing your mouse across the room in frustration when one stupid symbol is in the wrong place does not make for an easy make up.

Silky Smooth

Who doesn't wanna look good for their man, I mean blog! The only reason my razor sees the light of day during Winter is so I'm pampered and ready for those all important blog pics. Prickly stubble does not look OK when you're trying to be sassy chic.

Flowers

Who doesn't love it when your blog gets you flowers with a cutesy note attached? Fresh flowers = cute flat lays. Win win!

Date Night

One of the sweeter aspects of the relationship - free food! When a collaboration or review pops up & you get to treat yourself to a 3 course meal. Thanks blog.

Writers Block

The moment after you've walked away from an argument & all those annoying points you didn't remember hit you like a ton of bricks... Well, thats what if feels like once you hit 'publish' on a blog post you spent 3 hours planning and constantly redrafting. What a load of sh*t.

Surprise Presents

Getting home to fresh parcels through the post & the contents being exactly what you wanted. Damn. Boy did good.

So here's to another 5 years of ups & downs with my lil ol' blog!




SHOP MY LOOK


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Loved your blog/boyfriend analogy. So true! And here's to more happy blogging years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I thought I was the only one who saw my blog as a partner, the meals and clothes that it gifts me is really quite inredible. You look gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true, I definitely have had my 'silky smooth' moments :) Also I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic post! I love all the points you have made, so true & so well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! All so true too. Here's to many more years of blogging. Kaz :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My blog and I only started our relationship last month - In that month, I have gone through the list above - and some. so indeed, here to you and your 'boyfriend' - because yes, I've come to realise blogging is like being in a relationship! great. thanks for sharing..looking gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, this is so true! I never thought of it like that before! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rocked that look, I love the shoes summer calling...I wonder how comfy they are. I have had my moments, I love blogging!
    Julie Syl Kalungi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great anecdote and I guess at least the blog never answered back! Or did it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is funny, I can totally get the razor analogy - I'm now thinking of if it works for the hubby too, although my blog never snores in bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this! Such a different spin on a valentines post and all so true lol brilliant post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig