Shop My Feed

Sunday 8 May 2016

Pixi Beauty: Achieving That Summer Glow


I've always found the transitional/in-between weather period hard to get through without feeling like a lost puppy. Pretty much everything in my wardrobe doesn't fit the bill & the same goes for my make up routine. I have to admit, I used to be horrendous with my make up routine... It's only over the last year or so I've really taken an interest into looking after my skin and paying attention to what products work for my skin type & what don't. With the warmer weather approaching (very slowly I may add), I thought it was time to look into changing my everyday routine, so I teamed up with Pixi Beauty & got my bronzed goddess look down to a T.

*Sign up to Wearisma & get a cute little 15% off your purchases from Pixi Beauty (code: pixiwearisma)*


Pixi are best known for their easy to use products for women on the go, which is perfect for someone like me who wears a full face of make up everyday without wanting to look like I've caked it on. The natural tones of these products have definitely helped me achieve the subtle bronzed glow I've been lusting over on Instagram.

I started out by using the Glowtion Day Dew as a moisturising base. It also acts as a primer and soaks into the skin instantly which really appealed to me. As someone that suffers with oily skin, I found this gave me a healthy glow throughout the day, without me feeling the need to powder my T zone every other hour. The scent of lavender wasn't quite pleasant, although the scent is very light and luckily it didn't linger throughout the day. If you're braver than I am, you can wear this as a stand alone base for that instant glow or with a touch of concealer if you're wanting slightly extra coverage.


To stay looking flawless during the warmer months, this little Quick Fix Bronzer is the perfect compact fixer-upper you could ask for. I added this to my cheeks (avoiding the apple parts) and near my hair line which created a subtle but effortless depth to my make up. As someone with naturally tanned skin, most bronzing products can make me look orange very quickly, but with the puff applicator, it's really easy to control how heavy you'd like to apply it. It also has a nifty little mirror attached to the top, extra brownie points from me (Im forever using my selfie camera which just isn't the same).


I then went on to use one of the Mesmerising Mineral Palettes in shade Copper Peach. I'm usually pretty scared when it comes to using eye shadows and the thought of an entire palette and what shades to choose & blend together can be really tricky for a non make up pro like myself. I found the shades in this palette really complimented each other, making it easier for me to look less clown-like if it went wrong. I gave my brow bone a little highlight in the lightest shade and went on to blend most of my lid with two medium shades. I'm pretty proud of myself that it turned out so well & it took me less than 5 minutes to do both!


I'm an avid fan of winged liner & the blackest of black mascaras that it's a step in my make up routine that simply can not be missed. I don't enjoy wearing false lashes as they irritate my eyes and ping off at the most inconvenient of times, but this Lengthy Fiber Mascara have given falsies a good run for their money. The fibres are included within the mascara tube, which makes it much more hassle free and convenient unlike other fiber mascaras on the market. I always go in with a second coat of mascara to give my lashes an extra lift and this helped me achieve that without them going clumpy!



Anyone that knows me, or that has read my blog for a while will know what an huge lipstick lover I am. One simply does not leave the house without some form of product on the lips (said in GoT style voice). I can't possibly count the endless amounts of pink lipsticks I own (my obsession has moved over to the nude hue, but that's another story), so I was excited to try this Mattelustre Lipstick (Peach Blossom) lippy & put it to the test as it's not a colour I would usually go for. I applied it straight onto my lips & gave it a good 3/4 coats of the stuff before I was happy with how it looked. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to pull this coral toned lip off (this will have probably started a coral lippy obsession now). It contains lots of goodness said to create a fuller pouty lip & I'm in love with the semi-matte finish! 


I wasn't too sure about adding the Endless Silky Eye Pen (Cobalt Blue) into this mainly bronzed-dewy look I had achieved and that I actually really liked! I'm a fan of adding a pop of colour, so this is definitely on my list of products to try out next time! My final Pixi Beauty face can be seen below!




Products*:

*Sign up to Wearisma & get a cute little 15% off your purchases from Pixi Beauty (code: pixiwearisma)*

By signing up to Wearisma, you can shop my entire Instagram feed just by liking the picture! Shop my Insta feed here: Fashernably Late



This post contains sponsored content. However, all thoughts & opinions are my own*




SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I've never actually tried pixi beauty products, just the skincare stuff. I love the sound of the bronzer and the eyeshadow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I have an item from this brand and have to say do love them so glad I found them and nice to see the items they are doing. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post and these products look and sound fantastic. I love mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeup looks beautiful. I love the colour of that lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your make is beautiful! You look so lovely. Wish I had the patience with make up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently taken to looking after my skin better too. Pixi sound like a great brand! The glowtion day dew sounds amazing! Not quite sure about the lavender scent either but I'd like to give it a whirl. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not tried many of Pixi products, but they have always sounded like they were good quality. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard about pixi beauty before but I am really liking the sound of it. I need to check this brand out! Thank you for the introduction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your photos are beautiful. I am loving your makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound like fantastic products. I need to follow your example and think about a decent skincare routine too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore Pixi and the lipsticks are just fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not heard of this brand before but their products look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm after a really good mascara so glad you've given me a brand to seek out and try X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the lipstick shade. This looks like a great product. R

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use the Glow Tonic from this range but have not tried any of their make up yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A brand I am yet to try but after seeing so many reviews of this collection it's made me envy not trying it yet, so I shall be trying one of their lipsticks as soon as I find out where to get them from x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig