Shop My Feed

Friday 18 January 2013

3 Different Ways to Style a Midi Dress



I've waited patiently for a while now to do this post, but it seems the snow just keeps on falling, so I braved the cold & snapped away anyway! I've always wanted to do a post to show how you can style a key piece of clothing in several ways. I'm on a little bit of a kick to change up and play around with my wardrobe lately, putting things together that I usually wouldn't - I'm yet to build up the confidence and actually follow through with some of my style ideas, but I'm getting there! I styled this beautiful midi dress (one of my other purchases from Miss Guided) in three different ways today, just to give ideas on how you can dress up or dress down an item of clothing. I've heard a lot of people say a midi dress is 'not for them', so I hope I change a few opinions.

I have to admit, when I first saw midi dresses coming into style, it did take me a while to warm to them. I thought they were more for a sophisticated lady or special occasions, but today I proved myself wrong!






Midi Dress // Miss Guided    -    Suede Jacket // Warehouse    -    Wedges // New Look
Necklace // Miss Guided    -   Diamanté Tights // Topshop

I have to first apologise for the fact there are no clear shots of my necklace & tights, the lighting was just reflecting off of my dress and snow, causing everything to just look white! With this look, I paired the dress with sheer diamanté tights and a suede jacket and wedge heels. I would wear this to a special occasion or a night out, and with this snow and Arctic temperatures the jacket really would come in handy! 





 Coat // Oasis    -    Jumper // Next    -    Scarf // Primark    -    Boots // Peacocks

I placed a medium thickness jumper over the top of my dress to give the illusion of my midi dress to be a midi skirt instead. Layered with my scarf and coat, it gives extra warmth and is probably the most suited to the weather at the moment! I love how the red instantly gives the entire outfit a pop of colour - something we need in these grey months!





 Jacket // Zara    -   Dr Martens // eBay

This is probably the most common way I'd wear this dress. I seem to be living in my leather jacket at the moment, it literally goes with everything! My Docs also keep my feet nice and toasty stood in the snow! The leather jacket and docs combo toughens up the entire look, and completely contradicts my initial thought of a midi dress being only for sophisticated occasions.


How do you style your midi dress? Would you have done it differently?

post signature
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love this post! I especially love the first outfit, the shoes are gorgeous! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love outfit no.3 jacket is gorgeous!

    blogstandardact.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, that red coat is amazing! Love the midi dress

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog. The first look is my favourite but the dress is gorgeous on you
    xoxo
    http://lucylocketxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have serious hair envy!!

    mcterialgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all these looks. You've totally styled this dress so so perfectly for each look! Loving the second look SO much, you look gorgeous! Also, you have seriously amazing hair!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great styling, love the dress, looks great with the flat boots and quilted jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome styling - I have the same midi dress and i LOVE it! Mine was from www.karmaclothing.co.uk and was such a bargain :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great styling around a midi! Love the jacket too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! If you want to find great deals on clothes visit http://www.mybodycon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig