Shop My Feed

Saturday 24 December 2011

I ♥ Cable Knit

I've always had a love for knitwear, & since my taught module at university in first year on knitting, I've taken up a slightly unhealthy obsession about knitwear! I currently own, well lets say a lot of cardigans!

Okay so recently I decided to knit myself a headband (slight obsession with these lately!). Luckily for me my mother is amazing at knitting and has been teaching me (very on & off) throughout the years how to knit. I started off around the age of 7, knitting myself scarf after scarf. As you can imagine, they weren't very good! I'd start off with 30 stitches and end up with 10. But with this recent head band, I must say I have improved a great deal!

I tried out a cable knit, it seemed quite confusing at first, but after watching my mothers tutorial for a good 5 minutes I easily picked it up (with only a few dropped stitches, which I luckily rescued!).

Here's a picture of how far I've gotten, bare in mind I've only been working on this for about four days in total! :)



I know, I know - Don't laugh!

Well, I've complied together a collection of some of my favourite Cable Knits this season for you.. Enjoy!



Sass & Bide Jumper

I absolutely adore  this jumper! I love the thick, complex cables on the sleeves which continue across the front and back panels. This Retails at a whopping £365




Jigsaw Alpaca Sweater

This cowl neck sweater has classic wide cable knits running down the front for an instant winter appeal. Team this with a faux fur gilet for extra warmth! This is a must have item for winter! Retails at £112

Alpaca Cable Sweater, Womens Knitwear, Jigsaw Clothes

ASOS Horizontal Cable Cape

This lovely item is a rare piece to be found. Not many retailers design cape's in knitwear, but as cape's have been on trend within the ASOS style team, this little number is one to grab hold of! Retails at £36 (now £16 in the sale!)

Image 1 of ASOS Horizontal Cable Cape


Topshop Over-the-knee Socks

Must have item! These little gems will keep your pins warm through these winter days. Team them with a  little black skirt and a shirt for a preppy  look, or high waisted denim shorts & an over-sized tee. 
Retail: £10



Urban Outfitters Vintage Aran Knit

Aran knit is one of my favourite types of yarn, It's soft, comfortable and most importantly - It's not itchy!  This simple cable knit is ideal for a simplicity style, paired with leggins and black military boots makes for the perfect laid back winter look! Retail: £45






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig