Shop My Feed

Thursday 23 June 2016

The Glamour Summer Edit Review



I'm brand spanking new to the world where little boxes of beauty goodies arrive to your door, can you believe it? I've been wanting to branch out into the beauty side of things for my blog, but as I'm not the best at make-up, I wasn't really sure where to start! Earlier this month, I headed down to the Blogosphere event to celebrate their reveal for the 9th issue of the magazine. It was here that I got my hands on the The Glamour Summer Edit - I was quite excited! I rarely splash out on beauty products, mainly because I'm always scared of not loving the product, so being able to try them out was ideal. There were a few items I really fell in love with, I've jotted them down below! :)


I love a good skin cleanser, especially when they come with a little muslin cloth, as I feel it really helps to exfoliate and take away every last bit of make up. I found this really helped removed my eye make up with ease, without needing to go over it a few times.

I think I probably own about 30+ pink lipsticks (they're all very different though, of course!). I was delighted to try out this pink shade from Revlon as I had been eyeing it up in Boots every time I went in. I only really wear matte lipsticks, but hate when they crack or really dry out your lips throughout the day, but this was extremely creamy and didn't dry stiff like a lot of other matte lipsticks do. The colour is quite opaque (I put about 2 coats on) and lasts for a good few hours without needing to be topped up. I do love this, although, I recently found out that Revlon are not cruelty free, so probably won't be buying it myself. 

I've loved coffee scrubs ever since they first made an appearance a good few years ago. I've tried  several different brands and found that some left a weird residue on your skin that made it look a little dirty (ew, no). I was keen to try this one from Grounded Body Scrub, especially due to the fact it had orange essence in it (my absolute faveeee). It didn't leave any weird residue which I was happy with and it left my skin feeling super soft. Win!

For someone with long, heavy hair, adding volume can be quite difficult. I recently had layers put in my hair, which really helped! But, it still falls flat throughout the day. When I was getting ready to go out, I curled my hair & then sprayed a little a in the roots of my hair, tipped it up side down, gave it a shake and ta-daaah! Volume! It didn't last all night, but it did add texture to my hair that helped me give it volume again by giving it a little back comb. It's safe to say this is something I'll be using without fail!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Now this is a box that I wouldn't mind getting! All the products look fantastic, especially the Revlon lip colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a good box but it isn't the best one I have been from the Glamour LIB boxes if I am honest x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are gorgeous! The Revlon lip colour is such a pretty shade! I really want to try the Grounded body scrub, too <3

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig