Shop My Feed

Tuesday 21 February 2012

DIY #1 - Studded Shorts

So I've been pondering around the idea of studding a pair of my shorts, except the million pairs I already own just werent the right style to compliment studs. So I decided it was time to invest in some vintage Levi cut off shorts. I bagged some high waisted black denim beauties for only £15, but being the clumsy idiot I am, never realised I ordered a size 18 instead of 8.. whoops

I eventually found a pair in my size I liked: High waisted dark washed blue (although the colour in the pictures doesn't do them justice!)




I started off by decided where I wanted my studs and marked the points with some chalk


I bought these studs off ebay, 10pcs for £3.50. I wanted the fairly 'spikey' ones and not the cut off  or square ones as these are more rare and seen less on studded clothing at the moment.


I then slit a small hole into the areas marked with chalk and pushed the fasten through and screwed on the stud & tadaaah! easy as that.. Literally took me about 10mins!







SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really love what you've done to the shorts, they look amazing now :) I really need to get around to doing my own DIYs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I need to do some more customising, I love it! Thanks for following, followed back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fierce! Love these. Remind me of Gaga! In the best way. :)

    What else do you plan on DIYing or tweaking?

    www.morethanakeyword.blogspot.com - Beauty, Clothes, Tips, General Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thank you for looking :)

    I'm actually going to do another customised clothing post over the weekend with an old Tee I found in my wardrobe!

    following you also, great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a search to find this - love it! :)
    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥

NEW IN MY WARDROBE

© FASHERNABLY LATE

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig